This week we are going to create a functional foosball player using the lathe. I love the idea of this assignment!
- Overall height should be close to 4.3″
- Maximum width/depth should be around 1.25″
- There must be a hole to accept the foosball bar, the hole is 9/16″ in diam and 2.75″ from the bottom of the player
- There must be a hole to accept the screw that secures the player to the foosball bar, the hole is 0.15″ in diam and 2.75″ from the bottom of the player
- Leg width should be 7/8″, leg depth should be around 3/8″
When the cylinder’s diameter reached about 1.25 inches, I drew the lines according to the sketch, and began to use small chisels to cut the details of the body.
Finally, the two holes are a little offset. Thanks to Ben’s help, I got the convenient tool and drilled a new small hole from the other side of the body. The key point of the process is to keep the two wholes in the same height of the body.
Tips: Put the too rest close to the wood as much as possible. And always remember to adjust its position as the wood become thinner.